Today I had to help out with the Arts and Humanities Graduation. I had to get the Performing Arts students cards with their names on them and then tell them where to line up. Exciting, right? Okay not really but it did make me start thinking about the future.
It was so fun to see everyone in their caps and gowns and I kept thinking that in one more year (you heard right!) I will be in that same exact spot. Then, I got freaked out. I kept thinking " I'm not ready for this! What am I going to do with my life? I actually LIKE school!" ( I know, that last one freaked me out too.) But it has kind of put my life into perspective. What DO I want to do with my life? I know that I want kids, there's no question about that. But do I want a Masters? Do I want to teach school? Should I get my teaching certificate? Should I get another/different degree? Maybe I'm just afraid of change. I actually think that is the whole problem. But on the other hand, I feel like I shouldn't be done with school. I mean, I've been attending school my whole life! I love to learn and I don't want to give that up. Just as long as I don't have to write 12 page papers on what I learn, I'm good. :)
Ugh.. decisions, decisions. I'm definitely going to be spending a lot of time down on my knees. I'm so grateful that I have someone to turn to when I need help! Sometimes it's so scary growing up!



1 Comments:
i know exactly how you feel! i graduated this week and have no idea what the heck i want to do with my life. you don't really have to make that decision when you're a student :)
Post a Comment