Monday, May 11, 2009

Moab and things

Last week, I went to Moab with the WSU Chamber Choir for tour. It was SO much fun! Cody wasn't able to come (actually I don't think he wanted to go, according to him we're all choir nerds... and I have to agree) but I still had a lot of fun. We sang at Fremont, Murray, Riverton and American Fork High School for recruitment. Then we headed down to Moab to hike the Arches. It is so beautiful. We also spent every night in the pools and hot tubs at the hotels. I have other pictures on my camera but I don't have the cord with me to download them.
We were early getting to Murray High so we had to wait around for about half an hour. This is Jemay wanting to play freeze tag and me turning her down. :)

The Chamber Choir president was 30 minutes late to our first performance and the policy is that if you are late you owe the choir $10. Here she is (along with her husband) paying up.


In Moab we did a dinner/boat ride. It was actually pretty cool. They did a buffet style dinner in a building and then we loaded the boat for the show. They start the show when the sun goes down and shine lights on the canyon walls on the Colorado River. It's really pretty at night.
Oh and this is Dayne trying to be as short as we are. Not an easy accomplishment :)


And what is a Choir tour without late night games of Scum??


We actually ended up singing every place that we stopped in the National Park. Yes, I know. We're dorks but it sounds really cool outside in a setting like that. We actually had an older couple request that we sing when they found out that we were a chamber choir.

All in all, it was a really fun and relaxing trip. I would love to take Cody there to go hiking or even Jeeping. Although, I did win the "Best Sunburn Award." I was FRIED. My legs are still a little swollen but I can at least see my ankle bones now! Whoo hoo!


0 Comments: