Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Downer....

Okay, school's been really crazy and such a downer this semester! I'm taking 19 credit hours (the equivalent of 10 classes) which means I'm constantly doing homework, practicing the piano, practicing my singing and attending recitals and concerts. I just can't get over the fact that almost every professor thinks that he/she is your only professor so they feel the need to fill your time to the max and expect you to get everything done. BAH! Two more years of this and I'll be done. (Hopefully) I just don't think I can make it! So, needless to say, I will probably not be posting much the next 3 months.
It also makes me sad because I feel like I no longer have the time or energy to cook anything fresh ( we're all about frozen and boxed foods.. I know gross) So I feel like such a failure! Does anyone have any hints or ideas on how we can still eat healthy, have delicious fresh food thats quick and easy and still have time to do homework and clean the house? I'm drowning here...

2 Comments:

Milly said...

I am so sorry about your professors! I hate it when they drown you, and don't really care that you are already suffocating with your workload from others. At any rate, in regards to the fresh dilemia, I would suggest a green smoothie. Basically it is a smoothie made out of fruits and veggies. You can make it in such a way you barely taste the veggies in the smoothie, and it gives you roughly around 15 servings of fruits and veggies in one fell swoop. If you want more info go to greensmoothiegirl.com or you can see one made on youtube by Robyn Openshaw-Pay. I hope that helps. good luck with everything!

Carly said...

I know how you feel and I do not have an answer! We do a lot of quick meals, too. Occasionally I'll brown a couple pounds of ground turkey at once so that it lasts the week, and we'll use it for taco salad, enichiladas, or something else with beef. It saves a little time because browning the meat is usually what takes the longest. Good luck this semester!