So, it wasn't really a flood but we did have a back up in our outside drain. We noticed water building up when we were doing dishes but didn't think anything of it. A couple of hours later, we looked outside and it was almost in our door!!
( Of course, I thought about taking pictures until we were almost done...so this is the water halfway down already.)
( Of course, I thought about taking pictures until we were almost done...so this is the water halfway down already.)
So, Cody being the man of the house, put on his waders ( or whatever you call them) and went out to unclog it. We got it down a little but it was still basically the same. So in came the bucket.


As you can see, the water was gross and black and smelled horrible! We didn't know what else to do so we went and told our landlords ( John is a plumber) but he wasn't home. Poor guy got home at 4 am and went out to try and fix it.

Well, he couldn't figure it out either so they had to call Roto-Rooter the next day. Ha! A plumber with Roto-Rooter in their driveway. Well, needless to say we felt really bad but thanks for getting it fixed for us Katie and John!!



3 Comments:
sorry about the flood. we had the same thing happen this summer and it was a mess. sounds like you have good landlords though to fix it so quickly.
I love that we're so "blog-minded" that we take pictures of everything! I'm glad you got it fixed so it's not so smelly anymore!!!
I tagged you! Look at my blog for details!
Post a Comment