Friday, June 6, 2008

Parker the Baseball Star...

My parents are in San Diego for friends wedding this weekend and Cody and I have to take care of my brother and sister. Parker is involved in sports and had a baseball game Thursday night and a soccer game tonight. I really enjoy watching him play and last night was the first time that I'd ever been to one of his baseball games. It was really fun! Parker plays shortstop and he seems to love it! He's always been a sports fanatic so he's always really involved in the game. In fact, when I still lived at home, I would wake up on Saturday mornings to find him watching the Sports Channel. Not cartoons, not a movie, but the Sports Channel. This was when he was 7! He's a funny kid. If you ever need to know any fact about any sport, he's your man. But back to the baseball game.... On his first turn up to bat, he hit a home run! Whoo hoo!! I was proud to be his sister :) They're team ended up winning and they were so excited! Here's Parker after his game... I couldn't turn it again! sorry!
Parker's the one in the middle
And here he is up to bat!
I forgot to mention that his best friend is on this team and currently has a broken left arm but still played! He swung one handed ( and managed to get a few good hits) and was the pitcher for the rest of the game. At this age they have a machine that does the pitching but they still put a player in the position. He actually caught a ball and got another player out.. one handed! He acted like he never even had a broken arm. Way to go!
Needless to say, I'm very proud of my lil' brother and of all the activities he's involved in! Way to go buddy!! Love ya!

2 Comments:

nicci said...

rude, i didn't even know you had a blog! parker is so cute and the biggest sports fan i know!

Matt and Jen said...

Parker is all boy! I remember Matt loved hanging out with Parker and he'd always talk about how Parker would watch the sports channel instead of cartoons. Matt says he wants a little boy like Parker one day. I sure do miss him!