Wow, so far this summer has been extremelly busy! Here are a few things we have and will be up to. Be prepared, this post is REALLY long.
- Cody got spoiled for his birthday by getting a .243 Savage. He was so surprised that I got him a gun and bought it all by myself. Good thing I'm now 21 or that would've been hard. :)

- Two weekends ago I went to Park City with my mom-in-law Annie, Camille, Carly and Lisa for a girls weekend full of scrapbooking, shopping (spending entirely too much money) and eating.
- Last weekend I was able to go to St. George with my family and Grandma to attend the Utah Summer Games to watch my brother play soccer. During breaks we ate, watched UP (SO GOOD!!), watched kids swim, and me and my Grandma worked on a puzzle and watched movies.
- This puzzle is called "The Commencment" and is 1000 pieces. We worked on it for over 3 hours and only got a little done. The outside and top of it were done when we got there. She's slowly been working on it.
- Parker is the farthest on the right in blue. For every game, his teammates wore their hair in blue mohawks. They played hard and for the Gold medal game it rained the whole time. They still won 8-0!!
- I couldn't get the picture rotated...sorry!
- Then, on Saturday, my dad got called as the first counselor in the Stake Presidency and Cody's dad got called as the Stake Clerk in another stake. They split the Farr West and Plain City stakes into three to create the Farr West, Plain City, and Farr West Poplar Stakes. Cody and I are moving out to Farr West in two weeks and even though we are living 5 minutes from my parents, we are now in a different stake but we're still in Cody's parents stake. I'm a little bummed but really excited for my dad.
- Elder Holland came out to interview and create the new stakes and we were able to hear him speak at the adult Saturday night session and during stake conference. We were also able to sit in for my dad's setting apart and just thinking about it still makes me cry. His talks were absolutely amazing. There really are no words to describe it.
- He spoke on how to get through the hard times in your life. You need to rely on God and know that He knows you and will not leave you. I have a lot of notes but wish I could've recorded the whole thing. He spoke of blessings, promises, gave guidance and shared his love of the gospel and everyone in the church. He is very straight forward and serious but also has an awesome sense of humor and is really laid back.
- A new 70, Elder Carlson, set apart my dad. He is a 4 star general in the Air Force, became a member his sophmore year in high school, and served as a bishop for one year. He just got a job with the Pentagon too. How awesome! He was really funny and the nicest guy.
- The spirit was absolutely incredible. I will never forget it. I was emotional all day yesterday. I always want to feel that way... well, not the emotional/crying bit but I want to just be a better person spiritually. I could go on and on. Oh wait... I already have :)
- This weekend Cody, his dad, Logan and his friend are going on a fishing/canoeing trip into the back country of Yellowstone. Buffalo, wolves and bears, OH MY!
- I don't really know if there will be buffalo but there are wolves and bears back there. I'm a little nervous and trying not to think about those things.
- I should probably end this monsterous post but I'm going to see The Proposal saturday, try out for Urinetown the same day, we'll go see Transformers 2 when it comes out, and pack up our apt. the next 2 weeks, as well as finish summer school. What was I thinking taking classes?
We're already exhausted.



1 Comments:
You are one busy girl! It sounds like tons of fun though. Good luck with the move :)
Post a Comment