Monday, August 4, 2008

Books, Tips and Trips...

We just got back from a weekend of camping up at Marsh Lake and we're sad to be home! It was so fun, we loved it! But we had to get back to the real world today because Cody starts his new job!! He was really nervous this morning but I know he'll do great.
Marsh lake is so pretty! We fished(I caught four), looked at the stars with Nate's telescope, ate delicious food (thanks mom!) and kayaked. The first day that we were there, Cody and I went out fishing in the canoe. The fishing wasn't that great so we decided to go back up to camp. Well, on our way in we accidentally tipped the canoe!! Cody was paddling ( is that what you do when canoeing?) and I turned/leaned to talk to him and we happened to be leaning the same way, and splash! The water was FREEZING! Cody's dad and brother were out there with us so Logan grabbed the rope on the end of the canoe and pulled us to shore. We ended up losing two fishing poles (sorry!) but that was it. Thank goodness! Cody kept telling me to swim to shore, but I couldn't move because the water was so cold! So I just hung on to the canoe and Logan did all the work. Thanks! I found out later that there are leeches and water spiders in the lake. Good thing I didn't know that before or I would've been histarical! But it was a fun day and a way fun trip. Thanks for inviting us!
Okay, I want to read Breaking Dawn so bad, but I pre-ordered from Amazon and I found out today that I won't get the book until the 9th! I'm really ticked and I think I'm going to go buy it at Smith's or something and return my pre-ordered book when it gets here. I can't possibly wait that long! I thought it would get here a lot sooner, but obviously I was wrong! Grr... Oh well I guess, I'll read it somehow :) but I'm going crazy!
Hopefully pics will be coming soon of our New York trip and the camping trip, I just need to copy them to my computer. Yay!

4 Comments:

Camille said...

You're going to love the new book, I can't believe you won't get it until the 9th! Lisa has mine or else I'd let you borrow it! I wish I would've been there to see you and Cody tip over!!! Just kidding, but I'm glad you didn't know about the spiders or image how awful that would've been! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Rachael Cook said...

So i am so glad to find your blog. I love keeping in touch with family like this. It's like the newer generation of the Huff clan keeping in touch. If you want here is our blog is caseycookfamily.blogspot.com

Becca said...

Hey, I was a Jacob fan too....glad it worked out though.
I decided why I liked him after this book. It was because of their relationship, he was such a real friend. It made sense to me that they could still be family in a different way. I was happy with the ending.

Erika said...

I'm definitly happy now with the ending too. Maybe that's why I like Jacob so much is because of their friendship. I'm glad that he can still be part of her life, even if it wasn't with her specifically. They're still part of each other's lives for forever!