
Okay, so to begin this little tantrum I just have to say that sometimes WSU is stupid. But it's where I attend school so I have to have some loyalty too.
As I was perusing the Signpost ( Weber's newspaper) I came across an article concerning budget cuts and how it would affect the students and university. The student body president and the University president conducted a meeting with some students to get them to talk to their state legislators about budget issues. WSU is supposedly supposed to, or is expecting, a 15% budget cut and have already recieved a 4% budget cut which will push up tuition and student fees. Grr. But the economy is bad and I understand the need (I guess).
So... at this meeting concerning budget cuts, the students recieved a catered lunch AND free t-shirts. Really?! And you will most likely push up tuition $250 to compensate for the budget losses? I'm so happy that as a student, I can fund catered lunches for BUDGET CUT meetings and the free t-shirts.

Now I'm sure (actually positive) I don't know the full story and where the money is actually coming from but lets be practical. Do we really need to have a catered lunch and free handouts at every meeting that you have? Can't the extra money go toward scholarships, keeping faculty and the students in general? You would think so but come on, isn't a catered lunch worth it? I'm just glad to know that WSU is actually trying to be frugal with their money. HA!



6 Comments:
Grrrr. I'd be way irritated too :(
Amen.
For reasons simillar to this my husband has washed his hands completely of WSU. He got very tired of dealing with the politics and the dumbness.
Oh yeah, it just makes no sense! Some people just don't care so I thought I was getting worked up for nothing. But I want my money to go towards useful, educational things!! Thanks for understanding :)
We TOTALLY agree with you! We're in the same boat with wanting OUR money to go towards something usuful. Hang in there! That's all we can do. :]
I've never been a huge fan of Weber State. They frequently do stupid stuff like that that make me mad. I agree, why don't they use THE STUDENTS MONEY more wisely?! Since they served lunch and gave the students free t-shirts, the budget cut/tuition increase won't be so hard on the students after all, will it?! (hahaha)
Post a Comment