Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We're Back!!

Which reminds me... has anyone ever seen that movie? You know, with all the dinosaurs and such that can talk? (and dance and sing?) The things that people come up with... Anyway, we just got back from New York and loved every stinkin minute of it! I don't have my pictures with me at work so I'll post them later, but I have to say that Cody took a whopping 805 pictures in the seven days that we were there. Impressive? You would think so, but our cousin Lisa has him beat. Lisa and her husband went to Disneyland a while ago and she took 1800 pictures! Now that's impressive!It must run in the family...
Here's a list of almost everything we did...
New York City
  • Times Square
  • Statue of Liberty
  • Ellis Island
  • Broadway Musical Wicked (AWESOME!!! It even converted Cody!)
  • Macy's Department Store (Biggest in the world..talk about overwhelming!)
  • Empire State Building
  • Rockefeller Center
  • M&M and Hershey Store (mmmMMmm Chocolate)
  • Museum of Natural History and Metropolitan Art Museum
  • Central Park
  • Manhatten Temple
  • Little Italy

Palmyra

  • Palmyra Temple (gorgeous!)
  • Grandin Printing Store (place of first publication of Book of Mormon)
  • Hill Cumorah Pageant
  • Smith Farm
  • The Sacred Grove (I can't even describe the beauty or the feeling there)
  • Martin Harris Home

Buffalo

  • Niagra Falls (amazing!)

I know that's a really long list, and I'm sure I left stuff out, but it was the funnest trip ever and I've decided that I would love to live in Palmyra! It was so beautiful and the houses were so cool! I'll post pictures soon! By the way, here's a little book recommendation.. It's called A lion and a lamb ( I think) by Rand H. Packer. It's all about Willard and Rebecca Bean, who served a mission on the Smith Farm. It's about how those two helped the church become well liked in Palmyra and all they did there. It's really inspiring and a great, easy read. They had such strong testimonies and were very close to the Lord. Because of them, the church owns the Hill Cumorah and a lot of other things back there. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll let you borrow ours!

0 Comments: