Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life as we know it

Remember how I haven't posted since...May? 

Yeah, me too.

Life has been hectic and we're still trying to catch up. 

Cody finished his Masters of Accounting in August and I'm getting my Bachelors of Music in Vocal Pedagogy in December! We get to walk together in the commencement. We're so happy that we are that much closer to being finished. 

Cody will take the CPA exam next May and I'm thinking of getting a Masters of Education or a Masters in Speech Pathology. I haven't decided on which one yet. 

Summer was busy crazy with both of us working full time and Cody finishing school so we didn't get to do much. I was in 'Annie' at the Heritage and had a blast.

In October I had my Senior Recital and it went SO WELL!! I was so stressed and nervous for it and it's amazing what faith and prayers can do. Then to celebrate we went to Disneyland the next week with some of our best friends and had SO MUCH FUN!!! I'm excited to get all my pictures and upload them tomorrow.

I've also been helping out Melanie Day at Box Elder High School with their production of Phantom of the Opera. What a project! There has been a lot of blood (literally), sweat and tears put into this production and the kids are absolutely amazing. That and school have been my life for the past month and a half. Poor Cody hasn't had a good home-cooked meal from me for a long time. I've been living at WSU from 8 to 3 everyday and then at BEHS from 3:30 to at least 10pm. We close this Saturday (maybe next monday?) and then he'll finally have a wife again. He's probably loved every second of it though. :)

So there's a little update on us and hopefully it won't be as long between posts. Cross your fingers. I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving!!

3 Comments:

Queen of Kings said...

I'm not going to lie I'm very excited about this update! Yeah and CONGRATS for all the good things going on in your life! Sounds like your plates are full of great things :) Good for you!

Erika said...

Thanks!!! We're super excited!

Kate said...

So good to hear from you! Glad all is well!