Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An Apple a day really gets on my nerves...


Have you heard about the new IPad?

Let me enlighten you.



It's supposed to be an e-reader just like the Amazon Kindle, Barnes and Noble nook and other different models.

But.... on an IPad you can watch movies, tv shows, listen to music.... is this sounding familier yet?

It sounds like every other Apple product out there.

I know I'm crazy... what's not to like about Apple?

For one, their prices. I can't afford them! I can't just throw down that much money on something that will only be upgraded 6 months later.
Two, they're all the same but come in different sizes.
For example, on most products (not the Ipod nanos) you can get the internet, they're touch screen, you can watch movies etc. etc. etc. If I want to carry around a computer I can do that with my laptop and have a bigger screen. (thanks for pointing that out Kellyn ha ha)
Three, I really hate Itunes. I must be special because everytime I figure out all the new gagdets they make me upgrade to another one and it takes forever, AND I can never get anything to work right. My poor Ipod has had the same music on it forever because I hate spending the time figuring out stupid Itunes.

This is starting to sound like I'm mad... I'm really not... I'm just tired of hearing about Apple all the time when the off brands of their products usually work better.

Now I do have to say that Apple's computers are THE BEST for music stuff. They really are so I love them for that but everything else.... meh. I'd rather buy something cheaper that works better and be satisfied than buy the Apple name just because they're so popular.

Mostly I think I'm just venting about this because it took me forever to rip a CD to Itunes last night and then it wouldn't work right.


I think I'm one of few in the world who are Apple-illiterate. I can't work the darn things!

Oh... before I started this little rant I was trying to make a point. So here it is...

If I were to buy an e-reader... that's what I want it to be. I don't want space taken up by movies and other stuff it would be used just for books.


That's why I'm saving up for a Barnes and Noble nook ;)

5 Comments:

Camille said...

I couldn't agree more about stupid itunes! Amazon had the new Lady Antebellum CD that you could download for $3.99, but I didn't even try to buy it because I knew that there was no way an Amazon MP3 would work with itunes. My ipod music is the same from when I originally got my ipod, because even with a computer genius, we can't ever get the songs to download correctly! Yes, buy a nook instead!

Mandee Shaffer said...

I want an iPad because there are design programs you can draw with. Very useful to designers. Carry your designs around with you everywhere.

But I agree with almost all the rest. Except the iTunes. I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never had a problem and I love iTunes. But I do agree that all apple products look the same, do the same things, etc. etc. etc. and now they're coming out with a apple mac computer that has a touch screen. oh brother. it's a giant iphone

Erika said...

Ha ha ha Mandee:)I'm just an iTunes retard. I can never get the stupid thing to work for me. Oh well! Maybe I should have you teach me and Camille? :)

And that's awesome to have the design program. I didn't know it was on there. I've seen some of the design programs at school and they're really cool!

And yes... everything is turning into a giant iPhone... dum dum Duuuum. :) Can't wait to see you Friday!

Becca said...

Okay so Erika, I saw this post on someone else's blog reader and thought "oh no! Someone doesn't like my blog and they are telling everyone!"
I started a marriage blog and it is called "An Apple a Day"! As you can probably imagine I was relieved to find that wasn't what you posted about!
How are you guys doing? We miss you on our street!

Kate said...

I don't like itunes either. I finally have my version figured out so I refuse to 'upgrade' to the next version. Last night I was trying to help Kale get some songs on his itunes... long story short we had to burn them to a CD, then re-rip it to itunes because it wouldn't accept the format. Lame.

Apple, in my opinion is like Walmart: it's pushing out the little local brands because it has the coolest features (like walmarts prices) but it's turned into a monopoly...