Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Edition Tag!!

Just copy the questions and answer them on your blog! (Thanks Mom!)


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. It's more personal don't you think?


2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. It's easier and less messy and you can always buy a tree scented candle :)


3. When do you put up the tree? DECEMBER (although in my house now, I have two little trees up all year and decorate for the season.)


4. When do you take the tree down? The first of January. I believe the tree shouldn't go up before december but I like it up longer than just Christmas day :)


5. Do you like eggnog? bleh!


6. Favorite gift received as a child ? uhh... I can't remember that far back. I liked everything! One time I did get a pink stuffed pony that had babies inside. I loved that thing!


7. Hardest person to buy for? Cody. It's so hard to surprise him!!


8. Easiest person to buy for? Any of the girls... I can read them better :)


9. Do you have a nativity scene? not yet but it's on my list!


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Again, it's just more personal.


11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I never got... oh wait.. I dated this one kid in high school and he didn't know what to get me so he got me my favorite cereal, crunchy peanut butter, and some fry sauce (all the foods that I loved at the time..). That was one uneventful Christmas. *ok, ok he also got me earrings but still...*


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppet Christmas Carol! We watch it every year on Christmas Eve at my parents. Now I just need a copy to continue the tradition in my own home. :)


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When ever I remember. I do shop Black Friday but I usually do a little before then too.


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, can't say that I have.


15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? oohh.. my Grandma Hubbard's cheesy vegetable chowder with warm home-made rolls and sugar cookies!!


16. Lights on the tree? Do I have them or the color? uhh... I like the white lights and yes I have them.


17. Favorite Christmas song? Can't say that I have a favorite. I love them all ( in December of course! NOT after Halloween)


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. Both parents are here so it's easiest.


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? no... but Olive is the other reindeer!


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Either... depends on my mood. I also like bows on the tree.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning of course! Santa doesn't come the night BEFORE! Although we do open one ornament Christmas eve.


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas music playing after Halloween, the commercialization of the Holiday, people complaining about the word Christ in Christmas, and stores pulling out Christmas stuff before Halloween. I don't have too many complaints :)


23. Favorite ornament theme or color? That's tough. I like everything but I love the dark red color.


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey/ham, potatoes and rolls (kind of like Thanksgiving) or you can refer to number 15.


25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Not much! Just to be with family and relax during my break from school! Oh.. and to get all my songs memorized for my Junior Recital in January. AHH!


I Tag anyone who reads this... or whoever wants to do it. :) Have Fun!!

2 Comments:

Carly said...

cute post! I loved reading about your Christmas traditions. I'm guilty of listening to Christmas music way before December though :)

Lindsey M said...

I enjoyed reading about your Christmas traditions! You have quite the opinion, I love it because so do I. You don't mess with my Christmas.

I have to admit, I started listening to Christmas music about a week ago. I'm really excited about Christmas this year (I think mainly because that's when the baby's due). Normally I don't start with Christmas until after Thanksgiving.

And I refuse to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" that's just ridiculous.