Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Maestro.... Play the Music!

I'm in an opera


and everyone should come see it!

 Now, before you shy away from the dreaded "opera" word.... hear me out. 

It's in English, there is dialogue, AND it's a comedy

Still unsure? 

I'm the lead. 

There. That should sway your decision to come, right? 

Kidding, kidding. 

But seriously, you will not regret going. We have such a talented cast, beautiful sets, amazing orchestra, and special entertainment.   

The opera is Strauss' Die Fledermaus or The Bat.
I play Rosalinda von Eisenstein who helps play a prank on her husband, Gabriel von Eisenstein. Long story short, he ends up cheating on his wife, with his wife. Yes, that is correct. She dresses up as a mysterious Hungarian countess, whom he flirts with and doesn't realize that it is really his wife. 
However, I am not so innocent myself, as I have an old lover appear in my house right after Gabriel leaves. 

Sigh... 

Such a tangled web we weave. 

The show is March 10,11,12 at 7:30 pm with a matinee on the 12th at 2pm. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for students, children and seniors. 

Please come, you will NOT regret it!!

It will be the perfect date night or night on the town. 

Go to dinner before and then come to the show. You'll laugh, cry and have a good time!

And, you get to see me. What's not to love?

Need a little more convincing? Check this out. 

2 Comments:

Ben Huff said...

We are SO there! I'll let you know what day we're coming...I need to coordinate schedules with Ben first. I'm sure you're going to rock it! Love you!

Mandee Shaffer said...

This has been my favorite opera since I was 16 and I saw Celena Shaffer in this as Adele! I wouldn't miss it for the world! I'll be there tonight! With bells and whistles!